Postmortem Case Study

User Specifications Requirements

USR

As a class we had to create our own syllabus for the CGT 353, Principles of Interactive and Dynamic Media. We were split up into two groups. Our group was in charge of listing what programs and skills we wanted to learn over the semester. The other group was in charge of figuring out the learning objectives for the class. After that we came back together as a class, and put everything together in a word document. Then one of the students, that was good at coding, created a website that had everything that we decided on as a class. It was a good learning experience because we pretty much created the outline for the class. We decided how we wanted the class to be structured, and what skills we wanted to learn.

Journal Entry Website

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

For this assignment I had to create a website based on the hand written journal that I wrote. There were three parts to this mini project. There was: vision, effort, and product. Each part had sub-sections. Vision had: Be, Have, and See. For “Be” I had to write a paragraph that described what I wanted to be. For “Have” I had to describe what I wanted to acquire in one paragraph. For “See” I had to write a paragraph that described how I wanted to see myself. The next section was Effort. Effort had: Time and Dedication. For “Time” I had to write out my schedule for this class for the semester. For “Dedication” I had to answer the following questions: What are you devoted to?, Why is this important to me?, and Explain my commitment. Next part was actually making the product, which was the website. I had to create a website that had all this information I wrote out. I decided to make my website in Adobe Dreamweaver. I made a home page also known as the “Index.” The home page consisted of a short bio, a picture of a logo I created for myself, and a random video that I embedded into the page. The next two pages had photos I found and the content that hand wrote.

 

Ad Banner

javajuction

Scarce_javajunction

 

For the next project I had to make an animated ad banner for a coffee shop that the instructor made up. The name of the coffee shop was Java Junction. The first thing I did was drew some rough sketches. My idea was to have a bag of coffee beans that would fall over, and the beans would spill out of the bag. Then the slogan would move across the screen until it got to it’s final stopping point. Next I designed the logo for the coffee shop. Then in Adobe Animate I created the animated ad banner. The banner turned out differently that what I originally designed. In the animation, there would be coffee beans that would fall from the top of the screen to the bottom of the screen, to make it look like it was raining coffee beans. The coffee beans would fall behind the coffee cup. Then at the end the text flowed across the screen, and stopped at the coffee cup. The text read: Best coffee in the state, and #1 coffee shop.

 

Self-Directed Project

Self_directed

ADHD

 

The next project was a self-directed project where I could pick the topic and what I wanted to create. At first I didn’t know what I wanted to do. I knew I wanted to make an animation but I didn’t know what I wanted the animation to be about. I did some brainstorming to figure out what my animation was going to be about. I finally narrowed it down to what it’s like to have ADD/ADHD. The animation will demonstrate what a person with ADD goes through on a daily basis. The project will have loud noises and sounds that distract people with ADD/ADHD. The target audience was people that don’t have ADD/ADHD. The problem I wanted to address was that some people don’t understand what it’s like to have the disorder, or what they go through each day. My first step was to empathize with my audience. I asked some of my family members and friends some questions. Some of the question I asked them were: Do you know anyone that has ADD/ADHD besides myself?, If you didn’t know that I had ADD/ADHD, could you tell that I had the disorder, and Do you understand what someone with ADD/ADHD goes through on a daily basis. Next I sketched up some rough sketches of the scenes I wanted to make. Then I created the scenes in Adobe Animate. I also made some sound mixes in Adobe Audition. I then imported them into the Animate, and finished up the animation. I tested it to make sure that it worked, and it did. I then presented my project to the entire class, which was the final step.

 

Self-Directed Part Two

Self_directed2

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

This project was just like the last project because it could be whatever we wanted, but there was only one condition. I had to make the project interactive. My project was pretty much the same as the last project except that I was going to add a button that would be clicked to play the animation. I did the exact same steps that I did before. This time I added a button at the very beginning of the animation. The user would click on the button and the animation play.

Advertisements